Pineapples and pears

I have decided to go back to basics and learn watercolour techniques properly. I suppose you could liken this to fieldcraft when birdwatching. It’s nearly all about observation and interpretation. I can easily make assumptions about a bird just because it’s what I expect to see and it’s possible I have mis-identified something because I haven’t looked at it properly.

So hopefully my Thursday evening watercolour classes will train my eyes and brain to focus on the detail of a subject hard enough to understand it with clarity and confidence. These examples show I have a long way to go!
Pear

Early Pineapple

A bit more graphic

Very graphic

Detail

Final effort

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digiscoping DIY Adaptor

Scotland day 6: Look out. Look up and look where you’re going!

Scotland Day 1: A few 'grouses' about the weather